Monday, April 5, 2010

Another P4 Example.

Here's a video that one of my students created last semester. For Project 1, she wrote about a tattoo on her ankle that she got after her grandmother died. The tattoo, a butterfly, was symbolic of her grandmother's love of butterflies and the colors represented ovarian cancer. Other women in her family have the same tattoo. This is her only tattoo, yet she often felt like people stereotyped her because of it. For Project 4, she examined the stereotypes surrounding tattoos and went to a local tattoo parlor to talk to people.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this project was really interesting. I like how it was personal to her and she decided to ask others how they felt about their tattoos as well. I also like how the questions she asked the other girls were also in a way asked to us, making us think about people who have tattoos. I wish she would have had more interviews, though, or maybe a couple with some men to get a different gender perspective. But other than that I really liked this presentation and thought how it, again, was neat that it was personal to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison Ayres! I've seen her tattoo and have heard her story. The idea she brings up at the beginning is so true because she is definitely not the type of personal people stereotype as having a tattoo but hers means so much to her. I like the beginning and end with all the tattoos and the music, though it's kind of funny/weird that they're all naked. But I agree with Bethany, I like it but it would have been even better with a man's perspective or someone without a tattoos perspective.

    ReplyDelete