Friday, March 5, 2010

Observing the Overlooked...

Every other day of the school week, I walk a path with less pedestrian traffic from my Spanish class to my Math class. One particular day, I found a guy smoking by himself. With the new cigarette ban I have found people are more willing to share their cigs, where as earlier in the year they were getting so expensive ppl had started to get stingy. I asked to borrow a cig... Yes, I could get in trouble for admitting to smoking on campus, but still, I talked to guy and found out that this was his place he normally comes to in between classes. He said that he liked this place because the steam that heats the building blows here and that it stays prettty warm.
The next time I came to use the smokers spot, I stayed a little longer by myself and watched ppl walk by. One girl was shuffling through her purse while on the phone. She was going up the stairs and did what so many of us have done before. You know when you take that last step that isn't there and fall going up? I acted like i didn't see to be polite... but still all the while i was laughing inside.
What irony, I went again to smoke a cig in my hidden little spot i had stolen from someone else. While there for fifteen minutes, two ppl who walked by had started coughing. I don't know if they were trying to make a point that they did not like being around the smoke, when i was fairly far awayfrom them, or if they were truly the sick ones when I am the one ruining my lungs and lowering my immune system. I didn't get the flu shot, knock on wood, and I've yet to get sick. I'll not reveal my secret spot, it is the sight of slight amusements and where smokers unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment