Monday, February 22, 2010

Blog assignment two

For the second blog assignment I went over to Ovid’s. On the other side of the parking lot there is a brick structure. I’ve seen it every time I go to eat, but have never given it much thought beyond I wonder why that is there? I always figured UK has many strange building. It seems that any structure on the outskirts of the campus border needs to be bought and turned into an office house. So with this in mind I didn’t give the brick building a second thought. This time though I took the time to really look. The first thing that came to my mind was that it was the kind of place I would hide during a game of hid and go seek as a little girl. The center of the brick structure is a brick box with one side open. It seems like a strange thing to build but when you look closer there is an electrical socket and wholes in the brick when possible wires use to be. That doesn’t make much sense to me. What was there a computer hooked up here? Or maybe there was a flat screen, like drive up movie. Every Wednesday night a new showing of the latest movie. Ok so maybe that idea is a little far fetched, but it fun to think of the possibilities of this little building. Fantasies and much better then the reality. A half empty nesquick bottle, that I’m scared to open because the milk inside most likely is rotten to the point that one whiff makes your stomach twist and reel. Cold wet cement from the melting snow. Leaves are stuck to the center rectangle. The wet musty smell ruins the childlike image of hid and seek. In the spring I can picture the structure dry and clean, I could sit in the middle box and plug my laptop in the socket enjoying the shade from the sun.

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty interesting that you chose this spot because I walk by it every day when going to class. I would have never thought about what it was for unless you chose to use it in this blog project. It's interesting thinking about how much stuff we look at daily but never notice or think about its purpose. Now when I walk by it, it will be hard not to think about this project and what it's for.

    ReplyDelete