Friday, February 26, 2010

Blog Assignment 2

Marvin Clifton
English 104
Blog Assingment #2: Observing the Overlooked
Memorial Hall Ampi-theater
I have decided for my observation to go to what can only be described as an outdoor ampi-theater behind Memorial Hall and in front of Erikson Hall. As an HMT major i walk by this spot almost everyday on my way to Erikson Hall, but have never once stopped to take a look. It is really cold out today and the sun is behind the buildings and with the wind picking up it is really cold. My first reaction when i stopped here was to smoke a cigarette but i cannot because of the smoking ban. There is alot of bustling going on around here but no one is stopping, just hurrying by, most on their cell phones or music devices. I keep wondering how old this place is and what it was originally here for. It looks like an outdoor play, or maybe class used to be held here. I have never seen anything going on except a few students talking on cell phones or taking a break during the summer. I bet the landscapers hate this place because it is nine half moon step downs of grass that are bordered with some kind of concrete, not conducive to yard work. I don't know what is wrong with the sewer system in Erikson Hall but it smells like raw sewage all the time, maybe this isn't the best place to spend ten minutes. I can see some kind of bake sale going on inside of Erikson, and i will definatley be stopping by when i leave here. There is usually a lot of birds and squirrels around here on my way to class but i have not seen even one yet today. Some people like the cold weather but i am not one of those people, i would much prefer to stay warm, and the wind is picking up the smell of the bake sale, and i cannot take the cold anymore, so i'm leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment