Observing the Overlooked The place is chose to observe for this project was outside of White Hall, it is the crushed gravel walkway that goes by the big tree stump. It was Thursday afternoon, the air was cold and it wasn’t very windy. Students were rushing back and forth past the stump to get to class. People were having conversations on their cell phones talking about this guy or that girl and how they can’t believe they would do something like that or this and that. As I sat on the wall and looked across at the walkway you could tell how oblivious some people are when going to class or cutting through that spot as part of their daily routine. These people don’t really take note of the things that surround them on a day to day basis, you could probably take out another tree or rearrange the landscape in some way and some of those people wouldn’t even notice. When we get into our daily routines and we get used to doing a certain thing at a certain time I think we kind of get in a groove and forget to stop and take in what surrounds and notice all the things we see or observe subconsciously. I never even had noticed the tree stump before I started looking for things to write about for this entry, and that just goes to show you how oblivious we can be to even the biggest of things.
Observing the Overlooked
ReplyDeleteThe place is chose to observe for this project was outside of White Hall, it is the crushed gravel walkway that goes by the big tree stump. It was Thursday afternoon, the air was cold and it wasn’t very windy. Students were rushing back and forth past the stump to get to class. People were having conversations on their cell phones talking about this guy or that girl and how they can’t believe they would do something like that or this and that. As I sat on the wall and looked across at the walkway you could tell how oblivious some people are when going to class or cutting through that spot as part of their daily routine. These people don’t really take note of the things that surround them on a day to day basis, you could probably take out another tree or rearrange the landscape in some way and some of those people wouldn’t even notice. When we get into our daily routines and we get used to doing a certain thing at a certain time I think we kind of get in a groove and forget to stop and take in what surrounds and notice all the things we see or observe subconsciously. I never even had noticed the tree stump before I started looking for things to write about for this entry, and that just goes to show you how oblivious we can be to even the biggest of things.